Friday, March 13, 2009

Teapots

I finally found a teapot design I liked in a pattern book that a friend sent me this fall. When I went looking for a scrap of fabric to stitch on, I found the pre-finished jar cozies in my stash. Perfect, except, of course, that they're not ornaments. Oh well.

I only kept the general shape of the teapot from the original pattern. (It was blue, with a heart motif.) I chose the colors to go with the fabric, and I designed the poinsettia motif myself, based on some other patterns I had.

I'm determined to get the rest of these done this year. To recap, I finished stitching January through July last year and started the November angel. I then went on maternity leave with twins. I've now finished the September teapot and am working on the August rose. I have the October pinecone pattern ready to go, which leaves me with figuring out a December Santa. Both the October and November patterns are a bit intricate, so they may take me a while.

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Very pretty!

stitcherydoo said...

Congratulations on getting these finished! They're both so very pretty!