Monday, February 1, 2010

My intro and first ornament


Hi! I stumbled onto this blog recently and fell in love with the idea immediately. Thanks for including me in the SAL. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful ornaments and look forward to seeing many more.


I'm a married mom or 4 kids, 3 of whom have left the nest. I've been stitching for about 30 years with my favorite "genre" being samplers. I'm from Ohio but have lived in SE TX since 2001.


I chose a BBD freebie called Spring's Notcie for my January ornament. It's sitched on 32 ct. over 2 lambswool linen by Wichelt and uses most of the recommended flosses. (I subbed out a different chestnut since I didn't have the right one in my stash.) I also didn't stitch the satin stitches in the border since I like it just fine without.


Now on to February!





3 comments:

DUSTY said...

lovely house !!

Rita said...

Thank you!

Amy said...

Very cute.

I moved from Ohio to Texas this past July. We live on the eastside of Houston. It is called North Shore.

I will be posting my finish soon.

Have a blessed day!!