Tuesday, January 4, 2011

July, August, September

July - Blessings
The fish came from Fifty-Five Christian Symbols, Unlimited No. 54 by Designing Women Unlimited. The patterns include the floss numbers for both regular colors and metallics. I chose to use a combination of both for this ornament. The pattern for the writing comes from Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. The ornament is stitched on 14-count Darice cream plastic canvas.


August - Affection
I had quite a bit of trouble finding a rose that I liked that was an appropriate size. It seemed like many of them were either in big bunches or were not clearly distinguishable as a rose, but rather a nondescript flower of some kind. This ornament is the smallest of the set. This rose pattern comes from Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. So does the pattern for the writing. The ornament is stitched on 14-count Darice white plastic canvas.


September - Hospitality
(This was already posted to the blog back in September, but I figured I may as well include it so folks could see the whole set together.) This teapot pattern, as well as the pattern for the letters, comes from Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. The ornament is stitched on 14-count Darice white plastic canvas.

7 comments:

Aury said...

Your hands were busy!!!! I love them all, You made such a nice set!!!
Congrats !!

Aury

Unknown said...

What an amazing set. Congrats on finishing them all.

Lee said...

Delightful seeing them all at once

Carol's Stitching said...

An adorable set of ornaments; you must be proud! Love the stitching and finishing.

M said...

Thanks for all the kind words! This set was lots of fun to make and I love how they look all lined up together. I'm going to send the first ornament this month and then send one each month until December.

Rita said...

I love these!

DUSTY said...

Lovely ornies. I love the way you mamaged to add the sentiment for each. very novel idea.