Tuesday, January 4, 2011

October, November, December

Well, the first and only ornament I've posted here was September. But I've continued to work and I have the whole set completed now. I've very much enjoyed looking at what others have done.

October - Fruitfulness
Like everyone else, I had the hardest time finding a pinecone. I got this one on ebay in a little kit that had to date from the 1980s. Everything in it smelled musty (I threw out the fabric and the thread) but I'm very happy with how the pattern turned out. The pattern for the writing comes from Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. The ornament is stitched on 14-count Darice cream plastic canvas.

November - Guidance
I had trouble finding either an angel or church that was both a size I liked and sufficiently detailed. This angel is the biggest of all my ornaments. The pattern comes from Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. So does the pattern for the writing. The ornament is stitched on 14-count Darice white plastic canvas.

December - Goodwill
I absolutely love this little Santa, particularly the non-traditional coloring of his clothes. In the book he's actually juggling presents with his outstretched hands, but I thought it also made for a perfect gesture of goodwill and welcome. The pattern comes from Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. So does the pattern for the writing. The ornament is stitched on 14-count Darice white plastic canvas.

1 comments:

DUSTY said...

What a great set of ornies !!